Friday, January 9, 2009

keep the change ya filthy animal.




This is my plant. I have been struggling to keep him alive for going on 8 months now. He's a fighter.



























I like this picture of Tina because it looks like she's trying to dodge the photo even though she's 20 feet away. I don't know what she was doing. Dancing, maybe.










Some of us have been going to Noraebangs (karaoke) in our bathing suits.

Mom, Dad.. I swear I'm behaving myself.










The landlord. We were doing guy stuff before Chrissy showed up.






Tina at the Flying Bird Tea Shop.








Doug and I playing chess. He won one on Christmas Eve which makes him about 1 for 60 or so. A lot of good games in there.


Jason Planitzer and Sarah Murphy were in town for New Year's. We did things and hung out as friends do.




I bought some new Gongi.
They saw the school but unfortunately it was one of the 3 days I had off this year and they didn't get to meet any kids.






Train passing. Jason has a great new camera and he took 10,000 pictures.










Here we are at the Cass Brewery!













And at Sanchon. The only choice on the menu is this 30 course vegetarian spread designed by a former buddhist monk. It was even better than I imagined.















Gyeongbukgong Palace.















Ushering in the Year of the Ox.





















Photos by Becky Courtade.






































































The kids just took their graduation photos and, well, see for yourself. Handsome Andy.

























Sylvia.























Billy.






















With Doug at a Backwards Coat Party.





















My Sylvia is coming home with me.























Gyro Swing at Lotte World.
































































































































































Sarah ate the last cheese ball because she "loves cheese balls."






































Monkeys.


























































Dress form/ coat rack/ Christmas Tree.





















I was supposed to play Santa Claus but I whined and cried until Doug did it. Thanks Doug!




Elly.








































Ann.














This is what Barbie wore on the day of the Christmas Party.













































Here's what the rest of her class wore. Their pajamas.














Megan Stiles: this is for you. This is my Lion Class -- Steve, Jimmy, Sylvia, Kevin, Grace-- with the pencils you gave me before I left. They are the coolest kids and they thought your pencils were great so I took this picture for you.

















Wwwhooooooooooooaaaaaaaa!!!





























I'm fine-- got sick, got better, playing a lot of gongi and chess, and drinking some Cass whenever it's convenient.



Currently watching-- Project Runway Season 5: The episode with LL Cool J.



Currently going to-- bed.



Goodnight.



7 comments:

Don said...

The swing thing looks great. Round and round and up and down. Ready to hurl about 40 seconds into it. Thanks for the post.

ScentofGowanus said...

did you seriously go to the cass brewery?

Chelle said...

you can go to the cass brewery??

i like breweries.
i don't really like cass.
but i drink it regardless.
it's still mildly intriguing.

crt17 said...

Checking in. Hope you get to bungee soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey, just found your post on my old blog.. sadly I'm at negligent blogger status :) Looks like you're still having an awesome time, keep the pics coming too because they keep making me go 'oh look!' and everyone here's getting cross. Like the table you guys were using in the apartment.. I acquired that from the pole outside the alley way, and many a soju was consumed on it.
Those graduation pics are all kinds of ridiculous, when I was there the guys all wore these suits that made them look like Aladdin.
BTW NZ is good but boring so I moved again :D

Anonymous said...

BTW did u buy that plant or inherit it? Did it come in a Miller Lite cup??

Nicole said...

Hi, super random, but how was your experience with English Friends Academy? What branch did you work at?