Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm watching Tango & Cash right now



Just a quick one here with some pictures... I'm doing fine. Kind of fighting a cold and going to bed early for the last couple of days. I have decided to put all of my energy into finding a way to convince myself that I like my job. Really, it's not even that bad. A lot of complaining goes on in the office and, I admit, I do my share of it sometimes but it truly could be worse. I mean, of course it could be worse. I also know that as soon as I hit the halfway point here I am going to start back up with the nostalgia again, only backwards, and I am going to start missing this place. I do complain a lot about the hours-- I don't get a whole lot of time to see the city and I end up spending a lot of evenings in my apartment either writing or doing whatever and then going to bed early. I have been running more and more, too, which is a great way to explore the surrounding neighborhoods. So, the only worthwhile purpose that I can really come up with is to learn to love my job and do it well. I am working with kids and all.

Ann of Koala class.













Tina Teacher in the lobby of English Friends.
















Becky and Tina starting with the Soju at Sue's going-away party. Soju, look it up.












Portrait of Becky and Me en route to Sunny's wedding.










Sunny Teacher. I'm glad I got to see a Korean wedding while I was here. It happened it what they told me was a church but it looked like a lecture hall. No gifts, just envelopes with cash in them. There were cameras everywhere, including right in Sunny's face during the ceremony. Guests were sleeping, talking, getting up to get something to eat and coming back.. and there was this whole "come meet Santa Claus" part as seen in the picture where you could come have your picture taken right before the ceremony. And, sadly, no kiss at the end.







We took the kindergarteners on a field-trip to a... water. filtration. plant.



I think Mom would have written me a sick note for the day.



Julie.



















Sophia.















Esther.





Daniel. Daniel wants to be a jump-rope teacher when he grows up. I admit he is pretty good.




Julie again. Philip in the stripes.




Amanda, Kate, Jessica.



Peter with his best Eeyore face on. Oh, Peter.














Water... Filtration... Plant...

Me and the Boss.

And, finally, here's me with my hot new girlfriend on holiday at the beach!


Bon Voyage!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tango & Cash, eh?

Sara said...

Can we PLEASE go to the water filtration plant when I come visit?